Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

Mini Messy Floral Mani | Nail Art

Hi friends! I've been busier than usual lately but happily, I now have some new nail art for you. Hooray! I feel I should warn you upfront, though, that my photos are somewhat inconsistent - I decided to take them next to my window but it was one of those days where the light changes from one second to the next, so I ended up with a real variety of colours and brightnesses haha.




Aaand here's a close-up of the H&M dress I based them on (which I have had for years):




I'm so so pleased with how these turned out - they're really cute but the loose-ish interpretation of the flowers keeps them from feeling cutesy. I didn't reproduce the fabric pattern precisely, but I hope you'll agree that these capture the sense of the dress nicely. 




I used Barry M 'Passion Fruit' (from the Gelly line) as my base colour. I picked this up just last week and I'm so glad I did. My pictures don't do it justice but it is a fantastic shade - a really bright, coral-y red (not the orange my camera seemed to think it was!). The white detailing was added with a cut-down brush; I used a kind of dabbing/blobbing technique for some of the smaller flower petals. 

These nails were relatively simple to do, perhaps deceptively so: since the pattern is quite messy and haphazard, your flowers shouldn't be too perfect, so you can be quite freehanded about it and no one will know if you make a 'mistake'. I did a couple of matching accent nails on my other hand and they broadly match, even if they're a touch more 'abstract'. ;)




What do you think about these? Do you enjoy this kind of floral? Also, if you've been following for a wee while, you might have noticed that I've had (another) file-a-thon, haha, so feel free to let me know how you feel about this nail shape, too (I really like it, for now)!

18 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love what you've done! Have a good day! Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! I really love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've nominated you for the blog your heart award http://www.neonsparklynails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/blog-your-heart-out-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you! I'm clearly way behind the times but I'll take a look! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I honestly think it's easier than it looks, since the individuals flowers and things don't have to be neat at all! As long as you have a small-ish brush. :)

      Delete
  6. oh, this is awesome, I was just thinking about doing red-white nails and how to keep it simple but interesting and you made it! and I like this nail shape a lot, I always want to change mine a bit but I get scared, that it would end up weird and too short or something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marge...I'm loving your blog just as much as ever! I change my nail shape relatively often but I still have them like this now...I keep thinking I might go round again (especially when I see other people's) but when I look back at the pictures I remember how much I like this shape haha. I agree...for a nail-holic it's like a bit hair cut or colour haha.

      Delete
  7. WOW. These are so amazing! I saw the picture and actually thought you have used a nail stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, just wow. They are the exact same pattern as the dress.
    xx
    Ursula

    http://curvesandcrosses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...I'm glad it came across well in the photos!

      Delete